My blog has moved!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Turned the corner

Unfortunately, because of my illness this week I wasn't able to job shadow on Thursday, so I'm going on Monday instead. I was thinking back to the last time I was this sick, and it was seven years ago. I was in college on Christmas break-which ironically was after a very stressful time. So my theory is that my immunity works really hard when I'm busy and can't afford to be sick, and then then the minute I stop and take a break, my immunity decides to go on vacation. Now granted, this theory does not come from my medical knowledge, only personal experience-so take it with a grain of salt.

Today I turned the corner, I woke up and felt like myself again. There is no greater feeling of wellness than after being sick. It makes me realize how often I take feeling well for granted.

Today a friend of mine came over and we scrapbooked together. This may sound strange to some, but it actually is a lot of fun, if you like scrapbooking of course. We didn't get a lot done, but we enjoyed using each other's stuff and talking. I realize that I have been scrapbooking for almost seven years, and in that time period I have collected A LOT of stuff. I am really enjoying getting to catch up on little projects. So far this week I organized our financial files and sorted out last year's paperwork, had digital pictures printed out for the past two years (Thank goodness for Costco photolab-600 pictures later!), and I have started scrapbooking again. I have a lot more projects and plans-as of yet I don't foresee getting bored being unemployed, but hopefully I won't be for very long. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

2 comments:

mommy zabs said...

That is so cool you got so much done!!!

Charysse said...

You go girl....get it all done while you can. I'm glad you're feeling better. We'll be praying for your job shadow this week. I'm lovin you like crazy, as always...